The HALO IFAK Combo Pack contains 1 vented seal to effectively treat entrance wounds and 1 occlusive HALO dressing to treat exit wounds.
Studies have shown that penetrating chest wounds should be treated with vented seals that reduce air pressure on the chest cavity, thus removing the threat of lung collapse. The HALO Vent works by preventing a valve from forming in the chest cavity and allowing air to enter and exit the body at a normal rate.
The HALO Advantage:
- Highly effective medical grade hydrogel that allows HALO Vent to stick in wet, bloody, sandy or harsh environments.
- Features scrim, a non-woven material that is added to the HALO hydrogel to keep the gel from migrating in high heat environments.
- Temperature range of -30° – 140° F.
Outer Tape Edge
- Tape edge is more forgiving when handling with gloved or bare hands.
- Studies show that the outer tape edge has a wider operating temperature range and performs extremely well in freezing and elevated temperatures.
Size and Shape
- Covers a greater surface area, and aids in coverage of larger, unpredictable wound patterns.
- Oval shape allows for greater adherence around the contours of the body.
- Large pull tab allows for effective placement and wound burping.
- Compact, ultra thin profile – optimized for IFAKs, trauma kits, and EDC.
- Durable packaging is impenetrable to water, air, gases, and is puncture and tear resistant.
- Material can be used as an additional occlusive barrier, by using tape to secure the barrier.
- The package contains tear notches at all 4 corners.