Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet® – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme bleeding by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Following extensive field reviews, the CAT® GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet® to date. The new GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure